Honestly, if I had to turn myself into a gif, this is my life this month:
Which means I probably need to do a weekly NaNoWriMo writeup on Sundays. But for now, a book tag!
I wasn’t tagged for this, but I thought it was cute and concise. And obviously I wanted to do it, otherwise I wouldn’t be writing this post right now, heh.
My Life in Book Tags
1. Find a book for each of your initials
M – Magic Study by Maria V. Snyder
A – Abhorsen by Garth Nix
M – Maledicte by Lane Robins
A – Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce
2. Count your age along your book shelf- which book is it?
Er. I have several bookshelves, so I’m breaking them down.
Manga – X/1999 Vol. 5: Serenade by CLAMP
High Fantasy – The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien
Girl Power SFF – Blackbringer by Laini Taylor
Children’s Lit – Half-Moon Investigations by Eoin Colfer
3. Pick a book set in your city/state/country
American Gods takes place in the lovely U.S. of A, mostly across the country, actually, which makes it a perfect book to mention. Also, Neil Gaiman. Yeah.
4. Pick a book that represents a destination you would love to travel to
Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld takes place in Istanbul, one of my top go-to places for when I can afford to travel.
5. Pick a book that’s your favourite colour
My favorite colors are blue and purple. So naturally…
Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore
Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger
6. Which book do you have the fondest memories of?
Amelia Bedelia. Because figures of speech and literal wordplay at its finest.
7. Which book did you have the most difficulty reading?
Mostly high school-required reading, I guess. Literary books, though I did enjoy Shakespeare, up until Romeo and Juliet happened.
8. Which book in your TBR pile will give you the biggest sense of accomplishment when you finish it?
The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson. Because this high fantasy is goddamn massive!
I love seeing people do these tags, so if you would like to do them, consider yourselves tagged!