Thank you Becca at shihtzubookreviews for tagging me! Oh, I was definitely going to do this because I love shipping certain pairings almost as much as I love reading non-romances. But why am I only limited to five OTPs?! *twitches*
Okay, to limit this even further, I will only use book OTPs (One True Pairings) and not get super-bogged down by how awesome Olicities or Zutaras are… *coughs*
OTP Book Tag: The Rules
Choose 5 OTPs without looking at the questions first, then tag five people.
- George/Alanna (A Song of the Lioness by Tamora Pierce)
- Tris/Four (Divergent by Veronica Roth)
- Sarkan/Nieshka (Uprooted by Naomi Novik)
- Mercy/Adam (Mercy Thompson by Patricia Briggs)
- Fire/Brigan (Fire by Kristin Cashore)
1. Do you remember the episode/scene/chapter that you first started shipping #5?
Of course. There’s a part where Fire’s fiddle is broken, and Brigan comes along to smooth things out. I suppose it also helped that Brigan’s nice to Fire’s horse, but that’s also a bit earlier than THE scene where things start changing between them.
2. Have you ever read fanfiction about #2?
Tris and Four? Ahahaha. Oh yes. I went straight to fanfiction once I finished reading Allegiant because it put me right back to my happy place. And trust me, I so needed my happy place.
3. Has a picture of #4 ever been your screen saver/profile picture/tumblr ID?
Strangely enough, there aren’t very many pictures of Mercy and Adam together, even when there’s a graphic novel out of the first book (and a couple of other short stories in the Mercyverse). I did use the Homecoming cover as a phone wallpaper for a long time, though, and it shows Mercy with Adam’s wolf pack. That could count for something, right?
4. If #3 were to suddenly break up today, what would your reaction be?
Please. They’re not breaking up. They belong together. And they’re both going to take root and stay near the Wood FOREVER. *evil cackles* But erm. After the stuff they’d been through? I doubt they’d break up over something minuscule.
5. Why is #1 so important?
Alanna/George was my first ship ever, way before I realized that people actually ship things. Funnily enough, this may have gone differently had I read In the Hand of the Goddess before The Immortals series, because then the first ship would have been Alanna/Jon. Still, George all the way!
6. Is #4 a funny ship or a serious ship?
It’s an effing real ship. Totally, unequivocally real. I fell hard and fast by the end of Moon Called and I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHY BECAUSE NOTHING REALLY HAPPENED ROMANTICALLY.
7. Out of all your ships listed, which ship has the most chemistry?
Uh. Oh man. I want to say Sarkan and Nieshka because of the magical call between them. The description of when they both work magic together is something close to joyasmic that it’s no wonder they both wanted to jump each other’s bones soon after. If that isn’t chemistry, I don’t know what is!
8. Of all the ships, which ship has the strongest bond?
Mercy and Adam! I don’t say this lightly, but after reading Silver Borne, I’m inclined to answer in this manner. I imagine their mate bond gets stronger in later books, since they can both feel each other’s emotions, and can even find each other easily enough through said bond.
9. How many times have you read/watched #2’s fandom?
I’ve read the entire trilogy at this point and short fanfiction along the way so far. While I’ve watched the first Divergent movie, I’m not sure I want to see the second. I am planning to read the Four short stories though, because I cannot get enough of this man.
10. Which ship lasted the longest?
Depends on what “longest” can be interpreted as. Fire and Brigan, chronologically speaking, because of the time jump between Cashore’s Fire and Bitterblue. The longest one I’ve shipped, on the other hand, is Alanna and George.
11. How many times, if ever, has #5 broken up?
Hmm…I think once Fire and Brigan had established their relationship, there wasn’t much breaking up happening. I suppose there were a few times where it was a “will they won’t they” moment, but by the end of the book, they kind of just stayed together without any more mishaps between them.
12. If the world was suddenly thrust into a zombie apocalypse, which would make it out alive, #1 or #3?
I’d bank my survival on Alanna and George. Alanna alone can set zombies on fire at will, and George would be able to sense the zombies ahead of time. It would probably take Sarkan and Nieshka some ages to concoct bottles of fire magic.
13. Did #4 ever have to hide their relationship for any reason?
Not at all. In fact, the first thing I learned from Moon Called was that Adam went straight off and claimed Mercy as his. Not that Mercy was amused, but once she made her choice, she pretty much went and did the same thing! Ah, love. XD
14. Is #5 still together?
Hell yes they are!
15. Is #1 canon?
Definitely. Though likely I’d still ship them even if they weren’t.
16. If all five ships were put into a couple’s Hunger Games, which couple would win?
Crap. Um. Mercy and Adam. You don’t mess with an alpha werewolf and his coyote mate.
17. Has anyone ever tried to sabotage #5’s ship?
The thing with Fire is that EVERYONE was into her at some point. Archer and Nash certainly tried to stake their claim on her. But once Fire started falling for Brigan, there really wasn’t much else stopping this ship from happening.
18. Which ship(s) would you defend to the death and beyond?
I defend all my ships to the death and beyond. That’s why they’re my ships.
19. Have you ever spent hours a day going through #3’s tumblr page?
Don’t really have a tumblr, but since the couple is relatively new (as in, the book did just come out in 2015), I don’t think there’s too much material on them yet.
20. If an evil witch descended from the sky and told you that you had to pick one of the five ships to break up forever, which ship would you sink?
Personally, I’d drop a house on the witch, is what I would do. How dare she try to sink one of my ships! But if I did have to answer this, Tris and Four, since I feel like they’re the ship in trouble at the moment (I blame you for this, Allegiant!).
+ YOU (because I actually am interested in seeing what people’s OTPs are XD).