I’m mostly tickled pink at being tagged for this, but much thanks to Thewritestuff123 for shouting me out. Apparently there’s this thing called a Liebster Award, something that helps relatively new bloggers and promotes them through a series of tags on other lovely bloggers’ lists. Or maybe not-so-new bloggers but those that are mostly under the radar. Anyway, the point is I got nominated for one from a fellow blogger and I figured, what the heck, let’s DO THIS.
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog.
2. Give your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions from the blog who nominated you.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award.
5. Come up with 11 questions for your nominees.
The Random Facts
1. I like to bake. Sometimes this baking is inspired by the books or video games I’m reading.
2. I can spend hours on video games. With BioWare games, this can go up to over 150 hours, and that’s usually including multiple playthroughs.
3. I sometimes imagine book scenes as anime scenes in my head.
4. Graphic novel adaptations actually help me gain interest in novels they’re based on.
5. Taylor Swift is currently who I’m voraciously listening to, and I can totally assign each of her songs to books I’ve read.
6. Strawberry shortcake is my favorite cake, but I’ve never baked it myself.
7. I learned to knit in order to make myself geek-inspired projects, like Mass Effect scarves.
8. I love coffee and tea in equal proportions (though not necessarily at the same time…can you imagine the disaster to my system?!).
9. I will often quote from Mean Girls and Avatar: The Last Airbender.
10. I love my Kindle, even though I will always prefer hard copies over e-books.
11. I’m a math-ish person, but I’m horrid at logic puzzles.
1. What are you reading right now?
I’m re-reading the Abhorsen series by Garth Nix (Sabriel, Lirael, and Abhorsen) to refresh my memory of the Old Kingdom before I head on to start Clariel. Since I juggle books, I’m also reading an eBook ARC titled The Second Guard by J.D. Vaughn and–because I couldn’t resist getting this at the library–The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson.
2. What character from a book would you have been best friends with in high school?
I was that dork in high school who friended fellow dorks and anime-lovers. Some of them were pretty good artists and quite the characters. So my bestie would probably have been Zuzana from Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. As for my guy bestie, definitely Nealan of Queenscove from the Protector of the Small series by Tamora Pierce.
3. Do you like to read inside or outside?
Inside usually, but when the weather is beautiful, I could spend hours outside on the backyard swing or I could be compelled to take a book for summer reading at the beach.
4. What was the last book to make you cry?
Juliet Marillier has a talent for making me cry. I’ve read three books of hers, the latest being Daughter of the Forest, and I swear I get choked up and tear after reading all of them.
5. What book would you like to see made into a movie/TV series?
Mistborn, Mistborn, Mistborn! Hem, by Brandon Sanderson, yes.
6. If you could live in any book world, what would it be and why?
Hard decision, since I want to live EVERYWHERE. I am ping-ponging between Kelewan (Daughter of the Empire by Raymond E. Feist and Janny Wurts), Tortall (Song of the Lioness series by Tamora Pierce), and the Dells (Fire by Kristin Cashore).
7. What is your biggest reading pet peeve?
When a book is missing half a page in the middle of a conversation. Yes, this has happened to me.
8. What was your favorite childhood book or author?
Tamora Pierce. She still is.
9. Would you rather visit a fictional world from your favorite book or have the characters come into your world?
I love being immersed in the world, so I would rather hop on over and try to adapt as opposed to them coming to my world. Still, I’d totally love to meet my favorite characters, too.
10. What’s the book genre you read the most?
A wide array of fantasy.
11. If you could change the ending of any book, would you? And what book would that be?
Well, off the top of my head, I wouldn’t so much change a book as omit things from it. J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows had an epilogue I’m still trying to forget to this day.
(Of which there aren’t 11 of them, but OH WELL I AM TAGGING PEOPLE AT LEAST? >_>)
(Psst…those nominated, please feel free to ignore my nomination if you’ve already been nominated and thensome.)
(Psssssst…if somebody DOES want to tag themselves, just let me know XD).
1. If you can assign a theme song to your favorite book, what would the theme song be?
2. What was the most recent book that’s made you grin like a giddy schoolgirl/boy?
3. What types of books do you normally read?
4. What author do you get excited over when a new release has been announced?
5. If you hosted a tea party, which book characters would you like to have sitting at your table?
6. Any books that have made you angry lately?
7. Do you fully read book reviews before or after you’ve finished the book?
8. What book(s) are you currently reading?
9. What book would you like to see adapted in a different medium (graphic novel, game, movie, anime, TV series, etc.)?
10. Do you have any other geeky hobbies besides reading?
11. Zombies or unicorns?
G’oh. I’m not sure which was harder to do, coming up with questions or nominees. Anyway, that was a fun exercise.